Yesterday, January 8, 2021, the new data about the state of our planet climate has been released, here are the details:
- Globally, 2020 ties with 2016 for the warmest year recorded ever;
- The last six years are the warmest years on the records;
- 2020 was Europe’s warmest year on record, at 1.6°C above the 1981-2010 reference period;
- During 1981-2010 the largest annual temperature deviation was concentrated over the Arctic and northern Siberia, reaching over 6°C above the average;
- In 2020 the CO2 global maximum reached dangerously high – 413 ppm (note: to be safe, the highest threshold should stay below 350 ppm to be);
- Although slightly less than the previous year’s growth rate, the CO2 continued to rise in 2020, increasing by 2.3 ± 0.4 ppm.
All the above facts mean we need to act now to prevent the climate crisis of tomorrow.
In our newsletters, we provide information about how you could get involved and/or scale the best sustainability deals.